|Any complaint received by SSI in writing or by e-mail or telephone in respect of its functions as a certification body or a company certified by it, shall be fully reviewed by the CEO and shall be recorded in the complaint register with its nature.
- If the complaint relates to the certified client:
- CEO must ensure that the effectiveness of the certified management system is checked by competent auditor(s), who were not involved with the client previously.
- The letter in question is sent to certified client within 14 days of receiving of complaint and recorded in the complaint register.
- If the complaint is about certified client management system:
- The CEO ensures that the effectiveness of the certified management system is checked by competent auditor(s)/person(s) who were not involved with the client previously.
- After root cause analysis, method to eliminate cause of complaint would be arrived at and suitable corrective and preventive measures instituted.
The concerned auditors may be summoned to confirm the facts if it relates to certification activity.
- If the complaint is against an officer of SSI including CEO then it will be investigated by the chairman of the Impartial Committee.
- The complaint shall be closed within 45 days of the receiving of the complaint.
- Verify the promptness and effectiveness of the actions taken in respect of the complaint received ensure its prompt disposal.
- Ensure that the complainant is advised of the result of the investigation within six weeks of the receipt of the complaint.
- All complaints, after redressed & disposal, shall be closed through a closing note / closing call by the CEO. Where applicable, certification will be restored as quickly as possible.
- Ensures that any appropriate correction and corrective action are taken and also suitable preventive action is taken to avoid recurrence of such cases.
- Ensure that Effectiveness of the measures adopted are covered during the Management Review Meeting
- The entire process to be followed meets the requirement of confidentiality as it
relates to the complaint and to the subject of the complaint.
- Gather and verify all necessary information to validate the complaint.